Vision - New Generation Learning
Southern Cross Grammar aims to:
1. Empower every student's development through a curriculum, teaching and learning program which enables students to:
• Achieve their potential.
• Establish qualities of self-confidence, optimism, high self-esteem, and a commitment to personal
• Have the capacity for, and skills in, analysis and problem solving and the ability to communicate
ideas and information, to plan and organise activities, and to collaborate with others.
• Exercise judgment and responsibility in matters of morality, ethics and social justice, and to accept
responsibility for their own actions.
• Be informed citizens with an active understanding and appreciation of Australia's system of
government and civic life.
• Be confident and considered users of new technologies.
• Have an understanding of, and concern for, stewardship of the natural environment.
• Have the knowledge, skills & attitudes necessary to establish and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
2. Enable its staff to innovate and create the highest quality of teaching and learning by:
• Ensuring that staff employment packages are the benchmark in Australian education.
• Engaging staff in professional development and training which enhances their knowledge skills and
understanding of the art of teaching.
3. Educate in world class physical and built environments that:
• Reflect our pride in our school
• Enable students and teachers to learn, teach and play in safety,
• Demonstrate our commitment to creating a sustainable and high quality learning and teaching
an independent coeducational school
SOUTHERN CROSS GRAMMAR
4. Ensure parents and the school's community are enabled to participate fully in the life of the College.